p.o. Box 235, Moss Beach
California USA 94019
e-mail: arthurj @ onebox.com
v-mail: (415) 430-1269 x1433 - voicemail/fax
phone: 775-988-0338 (South Lake Tahoe)
To be a part of a creative internet/intranet workgroup environment with web enabled based technologies through strategic UI design and execution.
15 years experience in computer science, art, & design development (Mac, Unix, Windows, and SGI cross platform programming), with a broad range of related experience in the fine arts, telecommunications and information architecture
- 15 years technology support of cross platform environments (Mac,Unix,Windows,Telephony)
- 10 Years of Internet development/deployment base
- 7 years of web design development (internets/intranets)
- Broad range of experience with Information Architecture, Electronic Commerce, Internet Design Strategy.
- Graphic Design emphasis with a background in fine art and illustration
- In-depth range of offset printing & post-press production (Prepress, Print Production & Bindery)
- Speaker of Human Factors, Graphic Design & Multimedia (Desktop Publishing & Presentations)
- On the Board of Advisors & Directors with a broad range of IP technology companies
DEVELOPMENT OF SITES & COMPANY CLIENTS
Sierra Network Systems (consultant - Designer/Developer)
NetMite.com (Board of Advisors - Designer/Developer)
Pinetree Software (Designer/Developer)
InterLinear Technologies (Chief Information Architect, Creative Director) 1996 - 2001
Unibox.com(Chief Information Architect) 1997 - 2001
Indalo.com (Board of Advisors, Information Architect) 1999-current
Impulse Devices (Designer/Webmaster -contract-) 2000-current
Venture Nova (Designer/Developer Casio's R&D VC Incubator) 2000-current
zDegree.com (Board of Advisors 1999-2000)
Walker.com (Webmaster/Information Architect)
Morgan Stanley (contractor, @ (at) Group)
Incubation Group (Chief Information Architect)
SelfCare.com (Online Creative Manager) 1998 - 1999
Montgomery Securities (contractor, Intranet)<1998>
AT&T Bell Laboratory (Document Manager/Webmaster, Broadband & Network Systems) 1992 - 96
Bell Core (Document Manager, Broadband & Network Systems -contract-) 1992
Pacific Bell (Document Manager/HTML Developer, ISDN Instruction & Deployment -contract-) 1996
A.T. Kearney (Graphics Coordinator) 1990-1992
University of California at Berkeley,
Berkeley, CA. (1991-1993)
Major: Computer Science (emphasis: Graphic Engineering)
California State University,
Hayward, CA. (1989 - 1990)
Major: Mass Communications (emphasis: Journalism/Graphic Design )
Parsons Institute of Art & Design,
Los Angeles, CA. (1988)
Major: Communication Design
Speaker on topics such as:
Stanford University, Persuasive Technology (2000)
Assessment of Human Factors with Interactive Technology
U.C. Berkeley, Department of Computer Engineering (fall 2002)
Relations of Human Factors (Cognitive, Heuristics, & Esthetics)
Computer Software Tools and Utilities
Animation Web Editing Graphic Design Project Management MM Director DreamWeaver Framemaker MS Project MM Extreme 3D PageMill Quark Xpress MS Excel Fireworks Adobe Acrobat Photoshop MS Access Flash VI Illustrator Visual Source Safe Silicon Studio Cold Fusion Pagemaker WebTrends Tracking
Computer Hardware Systems
Operating Systems Peripherals Macintosh Scanners PCs (win95, winNT, IIS) Digital Cameras Sun SPARC (Solaris Unix) Routers, Firewalls & Hubs NeXT (MACH Unix) IP Fax Gateways Silicon Graphics (IRIX) Multiplexors
OffSet Printing Production
Pre-Press & Post-Production Print Production Linotronic 100ps (Postscript) AB Dick 360s Linotronic Imagesetter RIP 180 MultiLith 1250t PMT, Photo Mechanical Tranfer machines Heidleburg 600 series NuARC Production Format Cameras Agfa-Duplicator Press
InterLinear Technology & UniBox
Chief Information Architect , Creative Director
- Developed and maintained website for ILT.com, UniBox.com, and designed communication materials
- Developed and maintained marketing & communication administration for tradeshow events.
- Produced and managed offset printing pre-production and post-production media.
- Technologies managed: Palm PDA, Voice over Internet Protocol, Internet Faxing, Text to Speech Conversion, Datawarehousing, Electronic Commerce, DSL & ATM Integration, Global Message System
Walker Interactive Systems
Webmaster, Marketing Department
(San Francisco, California)
- Designed and maintained Website, Intranet , and client administration for site and company collateral.
- Produced Logos and designs for offset printing pre-production and post-production media.
- Managed outside interactive team (40 offsite and onsite developers for in-house and client projects).
- Projects & Technology managed: Integrated Offline/Online branding campaigns, Electronic Commerce, Mainframe GUI Retrofits (IBM 390s & 400s), Security Testing, Identity System, Name Branding Guidelines.
Online Creative Manager, Marketing/E-Commerce Department
- Designed and maintained Website & graphic database administration for site & collateral.
- Implemented visual merchandising layouts, online marketing strategies & execution
- Projects managed: Lead team of designers/developers to relaunch of website/intranets Integrated Electronic Commerce, Online Visual Merchandising, Identity System, Name Branding Guidelines
Document Manager / Webmaster , Deployment Dept.(contract under Bell Laboratory)
(San Ramon, California)
- Developed & Provided process support for internal PacBell websites.
- Review and proof site and html contents for walkthrough of RFPs to final rollouts.
- Maintained Page Owners Guide and Style Sheet Guidelines to internal clients of PacBell. AT&T Bell Labs/Network Systems Document Manager/Webmaster (San Ramon, California)
- Produced graphics and technical docs in broadband/telephony, internet, ISDN technologies.
- Delegated administrative functions to workgroups using OneOS Methodology (AT&T Lab & Bellcore).
- Instructed ISDN Classes to Bell Core & AT&T Bell Laboratory Clients.
- Administrated interaction of clients & engineers in A/V teleconferences.
A.T. Kearney Inc.
Graphics Coordinator / Marketing & Communications
(Redwood Shores, California)
- Produced presentations & tech training materials for in-house & off-site needs.
- Developed internal campaigns for in-house & offsite collateral pieces.
- Responsible for the production of media, RFP to final management consulting presentation materials.
- Lead Designer of MM Director, TQM Processes & Procedures, ISO 9000 series, Q/A Team Procedures.